Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Harambee

Harambee literally means "all pull together" in Swahili, and is also the official motto of Kenya and appears on its coat of arms. The other day I was running past the Kenyan embassy and saw this sign. It reminded me of Kenyan Runners training together to achieve their goals, working hard and pushing one another. I personally find I train so much better when I work with a team of like minded athletes.

On Monday evening I swam with my buddies Andy and Dirk and I got to be honest I was tried and if I was alone I would have probably headed home or just have swam easy. But instead I got in a great workout and even ran home to end my workout. Furthermore, Saturday I had another solid swim and a great bike ride with Andy and Zac.

My training has been going decent, I hitting more volume that last year, my running is a little behind were it was in '09 due to my Achilles limiting my run workouts. But swim and bike are on track for Dallas.

My plan is to add some miles to my legs the next 3 weeks, I want to put in a good showing at Nations then I will do a tougher 3 week block before a rest week for Dallas, following the another 4 week phase for Clearwater. Basically I'm taking a leaf out of my Cross Country Training with anyways got my peaking for Championship time, and with my Tri races dated the same as XC time. It make sense to follow a tried and trusted periodization .

No comments:

Post a Comment