Friday, August 6, 2010

Ridin' Solo

The last month has been not so exciting for me when it comes to running. It has been limited mileage and no workouts.
Finally as my boy Jason Derulo sings "Yeah I feelin' good tonight"
Did a 5.75mi run after work and had no tightness in my Achilles. Lets hope this is a turn for the good. Yesterday I hit up the track for some pace work effort. 6 X 800m with 200m jog. I av 2:32 in the pouring rain. Goal was 2:35-2:30 to help the legs find 5:00 pace again. Nothing to write home about. But I now take an approach that you need to progress when it comes to getting back to full speed, a few yrs ago I would be banging this session out in sub 2:20, the first week back. Not very smart, right !

This weekend I got the Sprint Super Race in Manassas Va. http://www.triitnow.com/
It should be a fun race, draft-legal on the bike. 400y swim , 8 mile bike (8 X 1mi loop) and 1.8mile Run (2 loops).

On a side note I remember thinking when I started this blog, that I would talk about the tunes that I listen too aswell. So from now on expect to have some more music shit. Well it won't be shit to me. Right now My boy J Derulo is on replay in my ears everytime he pops up in the playlist.

Night !

RW

No comments:

Post a Comment