Monday, March 28, 2011

San Antonio

In a week I was be jetting on over to Ireland for European Duathlon Champs. Then from April 20th I was be calling San Antonio TX home. This past weekend I paid a trip down to my new homeland to see Heather and do a marriage prep course. I got in some decent training too as the weather was amazing!

Friday was an early morning run of 45mins before the sun was up, then after breakfast I got on Heather's bike and explored for a bit to look for good places to live. In the afternoon I hit up Golds Gym with Heather to get in a swim before we headed to the first day of our class at 6pm until 9pm. Afterwards we met up with Wes and Erin Anderson for a few drinks. Both are from Iowa and moved to San Antonio not that long ago. Wes is racing Pro this season and Erin is doing her first Ironman this year. A pretty awesome couple and will be great to get to know them !
Saturday morning was a quick run before we headed back to the class, In the afternoon I hit up the trails again to see if my hip was fine to race on Sunday. I decided to be smart and wait until I got my hip aligned to put in a hard effort and besides with 3 weeks left to Euros its best to play it safe.

So Sunday instead of the 10k, I hooked up with Wes Anderson for a nice steady 70+mile tour of the outskirts of San Antonio, He is Wes's blog http://www.wesandersontri.blogspot.com/
In the pm I jumped in the pool 200m from the house for a quick swim, It will be nice to have a 25 yard pool so close to swim at. No excuses after April 20th ! and lots of yards.

Have a great week.
Go Caps !

Robbie

2 comments:

  1. It was nice running into you at the pool this morning! Good luck in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in Ireland and in TX afterwards. You will be greatly missed in the DC area.

    ReplyDelete