Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back to Portlaw

On Tuesday I departed Virgina for Ireland to spend some time at home and prepare for the European Duathlon Champs.
Last night I enjoyed watching Man Utd beat Chelsea. I arrived in early Wednesday morning into Shannon, as soon as I got home I put my bike together and rode after which I passed out for a nap. Then I hit up a 7.5mi easy run in the Portlaw Woods. I hit the hay at 9 45pm and woke up at 2pm today !! 2 nights sleep, which I needed for sure.

Today the weather was truly amazing around 60 and Sunny. Prefect weather for training, after a 20min run warm up, I did a nice little transition/high anaerobic workout of bike/run/bike/run combo, then a Warm down on the bike. The roads are really similar to Texas roads. Rolling hills, rough chip surfaces and quite country roads which are easy to find. I fully understand why the South East of Ireland has produced 2 world class Cyclists in Sean Kelly and Ciaran Power. The area is prefect for base building training. I may attack the Comeragh Mountains before I head back to the US, the week after Euro Duathlon Champs.

Peace out !
Robbie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome! Have a great time in Ireland, Robbie!

    ReplyDelete