Thursday, August 25, 2011

Daily SLOG


As most of you all know, most of the time training is spend slogging and getting the workouts done so we are ready to performance on race day. Yes it can be boring 80 % of the time. But over the years I have come up with a few ways to keep it fun and get the work done.
1. Every workout should have a purpose and be part of the plan. Easy days are recovery and remember you need them to get faster. I tell on recovery rides or rides this is my 4% saving account, not big yield but we get some benefit.
2. Make short,medium and long term races goals. Write them down and share them with people. The short goals can be small local races to keep you honest with your training progession.
3. Share the training workload with friends. Its all about the Journey !
4. Don't become a slave to the schedule, listen to what your body is telling you.
5. Mix up the scenery and explore on the bike.
6. Fuel the body with nutational products that will allow you proform and recover. The products above are some that I swear by.
Just some ideas to help you get your workouts done when your not feeling like getting out the door. The photo is of the nutation products I use that allow me to get my workouts done and my also allow me to recover, while living a busy lifestyle. Check out their website. http://www.triathletehealth.com/
Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment