Sunday, November 8, 2009

I want to burn out bright !

After thinking about it was so time, I finally decided to entry the Blog-world. I enjoy reading blogs from people I know and have to admit its sometimes provides motivation. My blog will document my transition from Running to Triathlons. After years of putting the training in only to get injured and miss out on racing the big races I aim for. The year 2010 will mark my first official year were I call myself a Multisport Athlete with my focus on Duathlons and Triathlons . Yes I did do some Tri's this yr, but it was more of a flirt with the sport.
Hopefully I can provide some interesting posts about training and the trials of the miles oh and the yards too.

Here is the details from the week ending Nov 8th.
Mon:
Am Bike 18mi- time 60min, with 4 Long hill reps.
PM Run 4.5mi-Ran to the track did 2mile Cut-Down in 10:30 Got to get my legs turning over again @ tempo pace.
Swim 2000y w Zac. we did some reps but mainly just swam for distance.

Tue:
AM: Run 8.75mi- 57mins. Easy Hip/IT not feeling better. This week will be a down week running wise.

Wed:
AM: Swim 3500, back with John F's group. main set was 8X150-50. ended with a 200 Time Trial. John wanted to see were I was at. So great to be back under his guidance. Within a 3 months I cut 4 mins off my 1500m time. But I still need another 4mins at least off. To bring my swim on par with my Bike and run.
NOON: Bike 28.5 mi- 1hour 25mins @ Hains Point with the lunch Time gang. Got in a pack up front with Chuck and Michael F and some guy who didn't do any work. But that's all good. I don't mind pulling extra turns as for Tri's you got to do all the work anyway. Rode back with the two lads and got some good advice on cycling.

Thurs:
AM: Swim 3000- great main set of 3X(3x50,2x100,1x150,1x200) each set got faster. the 100's and 200's were hard efforts the 50's and 150's steady. This morning I was hit with another 200 TT- ended up 1sec faster.
NOON: Bike 30mi, back to Hains. It was not as hard as yesterday ended up jumping up front for some of the sprints. those boys fly ! I always miss time my move when sprinting but learning to mix it up with the big guns and it is just some fun to vary the pace.
PM: Run 4.5mi after work. took it easy.

Fri:
AM: Run 8mi 59mins easy in the G-town trails. Forgot how much I like running in these trails. The pace is slower but def a more enjoyable run.
PM: GYM 30mins, Core and Weights. Run 4mi EZ 27min.

Sat:
AM: Bike 30mi. I did the DC Tri Time Trial 16miles (5 laps of Hains) Man it was cold at 8am and also a little windy. ended up riding 38:27. I progressed each lap and ended up blasting the last one in 7:15, the first one was 7:52. It will be a good benchmark as I enter the winter season. In the spring I use the same 16miles as a Test.

PM: Run 5mi EZ around R-Island. Great day for a run.
Caps win tonight, 2 in a row.
Sun:
AM: Bike 30mi EZ with Tim and his buddy Brendan. Up and out the door @ 6:40am, a little chilly to start but it was prefect after the turn around.
10am Core with Robert Gillanders and the Pacers Racing Team- 40mins of some great strength stuff. Working with Bob is a must for anyone in the DC area who needs to improve their core and prevent injuries.
PM Swim 1000y. Got to the pool late after work. Just was happy to be there as I need to be constant with the putting in 4-5 swims a week.


Week totals:
Swim-9500 y
Bike- 137.5 mi
Run-39.5 mi

First off it was a great week for training, so that is why I think is the main reason my bike mileage was decent. My aim is to be between 120-150mi for my base phase. This past summer I didn't really focus to much on the bike. Some weeks would be 120mi others would be 50mi or even less. But now its time to get serious and put the work in. In regards to swimming I would have liked to be have got my yards in. Goal is 15000y from now on, been back at John's group will make this easy.
With my right Hip/IT tight I didn't really have a mileage goal for running, Normally I try hit 50mi . But I need to make sure I fix this problem before it sticks around. On a positive note got in 2 Core sessions this week!

Later,

RW

No comments:

Post a Comment