Friday, June 4, 2010

Back to Work

Sorry for the long time without a post. So June 1st became the official start of my phase 2 training cycle. Mainly meaning lots more meters in the pool, more miles in the saddle and tempos and reps on the track. Also my swimming group moved to our 50m outdoor pool, which is so sweet ! As for races I recently did the Columbia Triathlon, it is an amazing race. Overall I was pleased with the result on a wet day. It shows me were I'm at and what we need to work on to achieve my 2010 season goals. (More on that later)
Next up was a 40km Mid-Atlantic Time Trial this past weekend, I also rode the Team Time Trial with my new cycling team Battley Harley-Davidson/Sonoma Restaurant/Teasism . My rest time between the races was about 25 mins. The temps was hot and it was also humid. At 11:23:30 I rolled out and hit a 54:59, I rode a massive negative split, partly due to the tail wind, but I also did go out conservative. After some water and a number change I joined my lads on the line for our 12:40 send off. We ended up hitting a 52:07. Tough as all 4 of us rode the ITT but we gave it our best shot and took 2nd overall. The last 25km Chuck and I did all the pullling. Fair play to Arthur for hanging tough ! I won the Cat 5 by alot and would have win Cat 4 and 3 and placed 6 or 7 in Cat 1.
A good practice for my next race at
Eagleman 70.3 on June 12th.


Keep on Rolling.

Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment