Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One Step Closer

Monday was Martin Luther King Day. I ran a small 10km race with my buddy Zac to check our fitness and for me to knock out a time for the European Duathlons which are in Limerick, Ireland this year. This race is my focus for the next 90 days. I was lucky to have the one and only Mike Wardian to run with and help me hit the pace. Mike is a great guy, we set out with the goal of running 5:12-5:14 which was what I needed to run a sub 32:30 effort to show my fitness is coming along. I ended up 31:58 and felt decent.

More exciting news is I have pretty more finalized my racing schedule for this year. I got to say triathlon is really hot right now there are so many great opportunities for people to race. A few are in my backyard and will be priority races for me. So watch this space for the list ! Check out the new 5150 series.

Last week was a great week of training, I got some good work done. Highlight of the week was the Saturday 7am DC Velo ride, I had so much fun riding off the front with Chuck (charleshutcheson.blogspot.com) and an exciting up and coming Dutch pro rider Nick Mulder http://www.nickmulderracing.com/ .

Just like my other two sports, I'm feeling my cycling is coming around and I'm getting into bike shape. I sometimes wonder, what is I just biked and didn't run or swim. Instead of logging 80-120 miles a week and did 300+. We all have those what if questions ! Maybe in 10 years I will be a Cat 1 and just ride my bike. Lets call it phase 3 of my sports Career. Until then I have a master plan to get the best out of myself in triathlons.

Enjoy your training and remember to thanks your Training Partners.
Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment